How Fertilizers to Protect the Crop
How Fertilizers to Protect the Crop:In agriculture words fertilizers are liquid, solid or gases substances. They are contains more nutrients. Fertilizers are helpful to maintain soil fertility, improve quality of the crops and improving crop development. They are either applied to the soil directly, directly on plants or some time added to aqueous solution.
1. Fertilizers in Physical Form:
a. Gaseous Form- Liquid under pressure, for example Ammonia.
b. Solid Form- It is available in powdered form, crystalline, and granular in various size and ranges.
c. Liquid Form- It is present in solutions and suspensions.
Fertilizers are a type of nutrient. They are satisfying the demand of the soil & improve crop production.
2. Number of Nutrients: 1. Single Nutrient, 2. Multiple Nutrient
1. Single Nutrient or Straight Fertilizer: It is represent at Macro or Micro nutrients or fertilizers.
2. Compound or Multiple Nutrient: They are the mixture of 2 and more than 2 nutrients.
3. Calculating the Percentage by Mass of an Element in a Compound:
How Fertilizers to Protect the Crop. Atomic number and relative Atomic Mass of it in the formula enable you to find how much of it there is in the formula mass.
1. Calculate the mass of the element in one formula mass.
2. Work out the formula mass.
3. Divide the mass of the element by the formula mass and multiply by a hundred.
4. Calculate the answer.
How to release Nutrients:
• Slow-Acting: They are transformation into soluble form required, for example direct application of phosphate rock.
• Quick-Acting: They are water soluble and immediately available in Agriculture product store.
• They are stabilized by inhibitors.
• Controlled-release by coating.
How to make Fertilizers: Most of the fertilizers are made by chemical reaction of an acid and an alkali. The preparation of fertilizers in the lab involves some important equipments: a ‘burette’ to add acid a little at a time, a measuring cylinder to measure a particular volume of an alkali solution, and a filter funnel to remove the solid crystals of fertilizer from the solution.
How Fertilizers to protect the Crop: Fertilizers are increasing crop production by replacing some essential elements used by a previous crop or by boosting levels of such elements. Nitrogen and phosphate particularly are needed to build plant proteins, thereby increasing growth of the plants.
What is Eutrophication?
Eutrophication is the overbalance of nutrient. A major problem with the use of fertilizers occurs when they’re washed off the land by rainwater into lakes. The increase of nitrate, phosphate or ammonia in the water encourages algae growth, which forms a bloom over the water surface. This prevents sunlight reaching other water plants, which then die. Bacteria break down the dead plants and use up the oxygen in the water so the lake may be left completely lifeless.
These fertilizers are the perfect nutrients to feed hungry algae and plankton, and when it rains, these fertilizers run off into lakes, streams, rivers and oceans. Concentrated animal feeding operations (CAFOs) are also a major source of polluting nutrients.
Eutrophication can have serious, long-term effects. The most notable effect of eutrophication is algal blooms. When a bloom occurs, the stream, river, lake or ocean becomes covered with algae, which is usually bright green.
If you want something extra then please visit the site www.digikissan.com