7 Most Profitable Crop to Grow Farmers
Growing plants for profit is a great way for the growth of the farmers. Tamatoes, mushroom and salad greens, these are the most profitable specialty crops that are not always found in a home vegetable garden. Specialty plants are very important for farmer’s financial growth. Many specialty crops can bring as much as $90,000 per acre, and are quite easy to grow.
Best thing is, most profitable crops can be grown without a full-time commitment. If farmers have a few extra hours a week, then you can be a specialty crop grower. Here are seven profitable crops worth growing.7 Most Profitable Crop to Grow Farmers
- Mushrooms: Mushrooms are an ideal profitable crop mainly for urban farmers, mushrooms are easily grown in indoor space and produce in very high amount and gave a very high return per square foot. Mushrooms are divided into two types, 1. Oyster mushrooms and 2 Shiitake mushrooms, which are available on fresh or dried in many grocery stores. Oyster mushrooms are more productive, and can produce up to 27 pounds per square foot of growing area every year. At current prices of mushrooms is $7 a pound, that’s $19,500 worth of harvest from a 10 x 10 space. Although both shiitake and oyster can be dried, most are sold fresh – an advantage for local growers who supply grocery stores and individuals at farmer’s markets. At our local Saturday market, the oyster mushrooms are also the first items to sell out.
- Garlic: Garlic is the second most profitable crop for helpful in farmers growth. Garlic crop can be big for those who grow gourmet There are 3 types of gourmet garlic are available in markets, these are also called hardneck garlic. Three types are 1. Rocambole, 2. Purplestripe and 3. Porcelain, and once customers have experienced their superior flavor, they’ll never want to go back to ordinary garlic again. It is only the reason why customers are willing to pay high prices – as much as $12 a pound or in India rs.200 per kg. – to get their favorite varieties. Another customer favorite is Elephant garlic, who’s large in size, mild cloves bring rs.150 per kg. In good soil, an acre of Elephant garlic can yield 17,000 pounds. Garlic crop is more beneficial for farmers financial it is very hard to lose a crop of garlic crop, as it tolerates a wide range of soil and weather conditions. That’s why some farmers call garlic the “mortgage lifter crop.
- Bamboo: This is an amazing plant. It is a member of the grass family. Why is bamboo popular? Because bamboo is not a tropical plant only, as many cold-hardy varieties can handle sub-zero winters. It has long been a landscaping favorite, as landscapers can pick a species of bamboo ranging from dwarf Sasa bamboo that is barely a foot tall, to giant timber bamboo that can reach 75 feet in height. In a bamboo business, bamboo is possible to grow more than thousands of dollars worth of profitable plants in a backyard nursery.
- Ground Covers: Ground cover is another important plant and it is more profitable for the growers. But due to high labor costs and water shortages, ground covers are becoming more sensible and low-maintenance way to landscape. Growers like ground covers too, as they are easy to propagate, cultivate, grow and sell in markets. Bringing profits of up to $22 per square foot, ground covers are an ideal and profitable cash crop for the smaller backyard plant nursery.7 Most Profitable Crop to Grow Farmers
- Willows: It is a trouble-free tree is very easy to grow and maintain, and the shoots, also called rods. And growers enjoy a strong demand of willows plant. It is more profitable for financial purpose.rafters use the shoots for basketry, florists use the stems for arrangements and wreaths, and other fiber arts, such as garden trellises, and it is also use in furniture. A recently University of Kentucky report found farmers could harvest 7-5 tons of willow shoots per acre, which bring $9 a pound from basket weavers. That works out to approx $58,000 per acre.
- Flowers: If grower are looking for a high-value profitable crop and they want to earn then they can produce an income in the first year, take a look at growing flowers for profit. A flower growing business has been almost unlimited possibilities for earning because all part of plants are used in sells, like bulbs to cut flowers to dried flowers – often called “everlastings”, for their long life. It doesn’t cost much to get started growing flowers for profit either – just a few dollars and thousands of rupees for seeds and supplies. Most small growers find lots of eager buyers at flowers markets held in most towns. And earn more profit through flowers.
- Shrubs and Landscaping Trees: They are more plants for growth of the farmers. With an individual plant bringing as much as $100 in a five gallon pot, many small backyard plant nurseries are enjoying success on a small scale. These are unique or hard-to-find tree and shrub varieties can charge premium prices and increase production and sells in each year. The secret to success of business is finding a “niche” that growers can enjoy, and then growing the varieties of trees and shrubs that simply cannot be found at average plant nursery. If you want to knowing anything else then visit website www.digikissan.com. These are 7 Most Profitable Crop to Grow Farmers is responsible for financial growth of the farmers.